Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Official Redneck...

So I do believe that I am officially an official redneck :) YAY!!! Today two of the strapping young men from the local singles ward offered to ride to Spanish Fork with me to pick up an entertainment center that Jarod and Jamie donated to the Erin's College Experience Fund... (THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH!!!) Well, when we arrived in Spanish we discovered that, lo and behold, there was no way that we would be able to fit the entertainment center in the car. Have no fear though. My ever quick thinking brother produced straps and a blanket and the entertainment center was soon secured to the top of my car via the windows. As if that wasn't enough on my slight embarrasment scale... Coming through the beautiful town of Santaquin my blessed Alero managed to have a hot flash and decided that it needed a break. While sitting on the side of the road waiting for the engine to cool down some of the friendly, almost local polygamists stopped to offer a helping hand. (or two or three or ten) After they unloaded their 15 passenger van of mostly women all to come and ask what was wrong the boys with me joked about bartering me for antifreeze... (Thank you Luke for giving me two gallons of water and antifreeze :P) Other than that little hiccup and some funny looks we made it home with no issues. When we got home it was my turn to cook for the roommates and so I went to town cutting up peppers, til I cut my thumb off. Ok, Ok, Ok! It didn't come entirely off. Or even close to off but I did manage to slit the tip about a 1/4 inch in. After I made frustrated sounds my roommates took over the kitchen and gave me a dora the explorer band-aid. We decided as a house that we have some of the most interesting adventures of the whole complex. But they are the most awesome because "Kaitlyn made me do it" :) Well, I have to run the mile tomorrow and so I had better get to sleep. Much love to everyone.

3 comments:

  1. You ned to check Adam's peace of mind houses blog to see the picture of you and your traveling entertainment center. I'm sorry there was a hot flash issue. I can relate totally. Hope your finger gets feeling better. Dora fixes most things. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. K--ROTFL! You need to write novels, my dear. And start with your lovely broken down car story.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Backgrounds