Saturday, June 20, 2009

Growin' Up

Ya know there is an awful lot of stuff that nobody bothers to tell ya about growin up before it happens. Some of it isn't so bad, like you really don't keep your highschool friends. Other parts of it are just flat lame. Such as your first true love really does have to end with your first true heart break and in order to get where you want to be you have to let a lot of people walk on ya. I guess they don't tell ya because its a lot like the first time you touched a hot stove, everyone told ya it was going to hurt real bad but you still had to try it out for yourself. I guess its the only way people would go through some of it. If they knew just what would happen if they touched that stove magically on their own then chances are they would never touch it. But since they learned it through hear-say they had to figure it out for themselves. I guess its all to see what we will do when the situation happens. If we will stay stiff, bend, or break. I don't think that the people who stay stiff all the time really live. I think we need to do all three. I think there are a lot of things worth standing for and some things that just aren't worth acknowledging. And while there are a lot of things that could break ya, there are very few that should. Well now that I've tried my hand at a little philosophy and had a bit of a vent session I suppose I ought to get some shut eye :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Backgrounds